Idiom Brewing Company is an ever-growing and ever-changing company and we are looking for dedicated team members to join our already amazing team! Above anything else, we are looking for self-starters with a serious love and passion for craft beer, a positive attitude, and the ability to work well with others. We are an independently owned business that greatly values our team and our community.
Are you looking for a part time gig in the exciting world of craft beer!? Do you come with a base level of beer knowledge? Or better yet, are you walking around with a plethora of beer facts or Cicerone level education? Perfect!
We are looking to hire 1-2 people to fill out our Event Staff team. This position will be responsible for executing scheduled beer tastings, off-site events & festivals, located throughout Maryland and DC. All Event Staff positions are highly dependent on evening and weekend availability. The perfect opportunity for a fun, social, and educational part time job!
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: $18/hour, plus Mileage Reimbursement
- Represent Idiom Brewing at various events, including tastings, festivals, account events, etc.
- Understand and promote company philosophy.
- Track units sold per event and provide accurate reports to the immediate supervisor and sales team, per event.
- Demonstrate a profound understanding and knowledge of our product.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers and account professionals alike.
- Consistently meet event standards set by the Sales Team.
- Manage set up, breakdown and operation of each event, while demonstrating special attention to detail and a high standard of set up visuals.
- Manage and operate a jockey box as needed, including gaining the knowledge to be able to trouble shoot and ensure quality pours throughout an event.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, personal networks, and participating in company opportunities for growth and comradery.
Previous Experience & Other Requirements:
- Strict availability in the evenings and weekends.
- Strong communication and self starting skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Desire to learn and a willingness to be taught.
- Ability to excel independently.
- Sense of humor.
- Love of craft beer.
- Passion for people.
- Must be able to lift, move and handle up to a full ½ BBL Keg and ability to load/unload all orders for accounts.
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period.
- Ability to bend, reach, lift and climb.
The Good Stuff:
- Mileage Reimbursement
- On the Job Training
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedule
Do you love CRAFT BEER?! Pouring, learning and educating? Do you thrive in CUSTOMER SERVICE?! Smiling and making other’s smile around you? Are you down with HARD WORK?! Cleaning, lifting kegs and organization?
If you said YES to all of the above, then you are who we are looking for to join our amazing team at Idiom!
A passion for customer service, craft beer and the community are all a must for this position. Positive attitudes and team player mentality is how we thrive here at Idiom. We are looking for applicants with at least 1 year of bartending experience and a base knowledge of beer. However, a love of beer and the willingness to learn is more important than base knowledge.
This position is part-time to full-time, and demands open availability to work nights and weekends.
• Pouring and serving beer
• Bussing tables
• Washing glassware
• Sell and organize merchandise
• High level of proactivity and efficiency in completing all tasks
• Work off-site events
• Work private events
• Provide exceptional customer service
• General interest and willingness in increasing beer knowledge
• Nights and Weekends
• Ability to maneuver a 1/2 BBL Keg
• Ability to work long hours on your feet
• Extreme proficiency in handling/managing high stress situations
• Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills
Interested parties should send their resumes to: email@example.com