Idiom Brewing Company is looking for dedicated team members who have outstanding attention to detail, are able to take initiative and will bring passion to our growing brand! We are an independently-owned business that greatly values our team and our community.
Interested parties should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Brewer ($40,000 – $60,000/yr)
Two positions available and both are full time (40 hours per week). Salary will be dictated by both professional background and experience. There will be 2 weeks of paid leave available after the completion of a 90 day probationary period and medical insurance is available with a company-provided contribution toward coverage. Technical training, on a quarterly basis, is included in the compensation package.
We are a team-centric brewery so some days you may be washing kegs and scrubbing tanks and the next you will be producing wort and packaging product. We utilize a 7 BBL brewery with over 120 BBL of brewhouse capacity and are opening a 10,000 square foot Production facility with 270 BBL of brewhouse capacity. We focus on IPAs, porters, stouts and other English-based styles. We also throw a number of sours, experimental and barrel-aged (both sour and traditional) brews into the mix too. We pride ourselves on balanced beer and a constantly rotating selection of handcrafted brews.
• Wort production
• Management of fermentation
• Cellaring (dry hops, fruit additions, etc.)
• Packaging (kegs, bottles and cans)
• Cleaning (a lot of cleaning)
• Raw materials tracking and handling
• Post-production inventory and tracking
• Representing the brewery at festivals
• Other duties as assigned
Previous Experience & Other Requirements:
• 1-3 years previous commercial brewery experience preferred
• Experience working with wild and non-wild beer and equipment
• Ability to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment without losing precision or attention to detail
• Positive and results-oriented attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Desire to learn and a willingness to be taught
• Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds
• Ability to drive a forklift/reach truck
• Understanding of proper chemical handling (safety and responsible use)
• Ability to work in a challenging physical environment, including heat, cold, and wet conditions
• Technical knowledge of all aspects of the brewing process.
Account Manager ($35,000 – $55,000/yr + Commission)
This position is full time (40 hour per week) and salary and commission will be dictated by background, experience and performance. There will be 2 weeks of paid leave available after the completion of a 90 day probationary period and medical insurance is available with a company-provided contribution toward coverage.
This position requires a strong knowledge of beer as well as an enthusiasm for continued education. Experience in the beverage industry is highly preferred. All applicants for this position must have open availability and the flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends.
• Generating leads and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
• Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes and promotions
• Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
• Coordinating sales efforts with marketing team.
• Taking the lead for off-site sales events, tastings, events for accounts, etc.
• Understanding and promoting company philosophy and all campaigns/programs.
• Obtaining, documenting, and arranging payment from clients.
• Preparing and submitting invoices for orders and maintaining client records
• Visiting existing clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
• Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
• Serving customers by selling products and meeting customer needs.
• Serving existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential on-premise and off-premise accounts.
• Focusing sales efforts by studying existing and potential beer trends.
• Keeping management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
• Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and trends.
• Recommending progress in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
• Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
Previous Experience & Other Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree in marketing, economics, or related field or equivalent experience in industry.
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
• A commitment to excellent customer service.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including word, excel, and outlook.
• Prior craft beer knowledge and passion to learn more.
• Clean driving record.
• Ability to drive a forklift.
• Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to lift, move and handle up to a full ½ BBL Keg and ability to load/unload all orders for accounts.
• Ability to stand/walk for an extended period.
• Ability to bend, reach, lift and climb.