Idiom Brewing Company is looking for dedicated team members who have outstanding attention to detail, are able to take initiative and will bring passion to our growing brand! We are an independently-owned business that greatly values our team and our community.
Interested parties should send their resumes to: email@example.com
Head Brewer ($55,000 – $70,000/yr)
We’re growing and are looking to add to our team. Passion, a positive attitude, and being a team player are always the most important things we look for.
One position is available and it is full time. Salary will be dictated by both professional background and experience. There will be 3 weeks of paid leave available after the completion of a 90 day probationary period and medical insurance is available with a company-provided contribution toward coverage. Technical training, on a quarterly basis, is included in the compensation package.
We are a team-centric brewery so some days you may be washing kegs and scrubbing tanks and the next you will be producing wort and packaging products. We utilize a 7 BBL brewery with over 120 BBL of brewhouse capacity at our origin location and are opening a 10,000 square foot Production facility with a 15 bbl brewhouse and 270 BBL of brewhouse capacity.
We focus on IPAs, porters, stouts and other English-based styles. We also throw a number of sours, experimental and barrel-aged (both mixed fermentation and traditional) brews into the mix too.
We pride ourselves on balanced beer and a constantly rotating selection of handcrafted brews.
- Wort production
- Management of fermentation
- Management of brewing schedule
- Cellaring (dry hops, fruit additions, etc.)
- Packaging (kegs, bottles and cans)
- Cleaning (a lot of cleaning)
- Raw materials tracking and handling
- Post-production inventory and tracking
- Representing the brewery at festivals
- Other duties as assigned
Previous Experience & Other Requirements:
- 3 years previous commercial brewery experience. Those with a focus on management and oversight of other brewing staff will be favorably considered
- Experience working with wild and non-wild beer and equipment
- Ability to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment without losing precision or attention to detail
- Positive and results-oriented attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Desire to learn and a willingness to be taught
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to drive a forklift/reach truck
- Understanding of proper chemical handling (safety and responsible use)
- Ability to work in a challenging physical environment, including heat, cold, and wet conditions
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of the brewing process.
Do you love CRAFT BEER?! Pouring, learning and educating? Do you thrive in CUSTOMER SERVICE?! Smiling and making other’s smile around you? Are you down with HARD WORK?! Cleaning, lifting kegs and organization?
If you said YES to all of the above, then you are who we are looking for to join our amazing team at Idiom!
A passion for customer service, craft beer and the community are all a must for this position. Positive attitudes and team player mentality is how we thrive here at Idiom. We are looking for applicants with at least 1 year of bartending experience and a base knowledge of beer. However, a love of beer and the willingness to learn is more important than base knowledge.
This position is part-time, but demands open availability to work nights and weekends.
- Pouring and serving beer
- Bussing tables
- Washing glassware
- Sell and organize merchandise
- High level of proactivity and efficiency in completing all tasks
- Work off-site events
- Work private events
- Provide exceptional customer service
- General interest and willingness in increasing beer knowledge
- Nights and Weekends
- Ability to maneuver a 1/2 BBL Keg
- Ability to work long hours on your feet
- Extreme proficiency in handling/managing high stress situations
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills